Friday, November 15, 2013

Last days in SLC

It's my last day as Library Director at Westminster College. I'm leaving things in the hands of an amazing group of colleagues. I'm proud of what we've done together with this lovely little library. We've worked hard and played well together. I thank you all.

I also go sign the papers on the sale of my house today.I really lucked out when I picked the Cleveland Ave. house. Oh, I knew going in that it was cute and historic and had nice trees. I didn't know how amazing my neighbors (both those just 'cross the street and those a little bike ride away) would turn out to be and how much they'd bring to my whole SLC experience. I'll miss you guys a bunch! And I'll miss sitting on the deck watching the dog walkers headed to "the" park (because Liberty Park is the only park for me) and having the perfect spot to view the Pioneer Day fireworks and raking massive piles of bright yellow leaves to jump in in the fall.

But it's on to camel markets and palm trees, new friends and colleagues waiting to be met. I head to the midwest for an early Thanksgiving with family and to take my cat to MI and then I fly back to SLC for a brief 24 hour window. I leave in the evening on Thanksgiving, November 28th. I stop in JFK and then on to DXB on Emirates Air's big double decker airbus. Wheee!




No comments:

Post a Comment